Wednesday 25 November 2009

Gingerbread...mmmm!


My little girl and I baked gingerbread today. I haven't made any for years and I really want to make some for Christmas decorations this year, so I decided to have a practice now. Good job too as I rolled them too thin so they got a bit burnt, and I think I'll add more spices next time as they weren't quite gingery enough for me. We had great fun making them though, getting flour all over the dining room when it was my daughter's turn to stir!

When it came to decorating she mostly wanted to eat the decorations to start with (especially the raisins, she was quite possesive about them!), but once she realised what I was trying to do she got in the swing of things! I left her on her own with a few biscuits, some icing sugar and a little pile of each toppings to see what she came up with and I really like the heart she did in the bottom right of the pic above - with a splodge in the middle with one raisin squidged into it. She pushed the raisin in and then shouted 'finished' for me to come and take her masterpiece away! We also made the people look like our family, and our friends Rosie and David. She really liked putting on their buttons and eyes. I'm looking forward to making some more on xmas eve. Perhaps it will become a family tradition!

2 comments:

Anne said...

These look lovely. They look very professional considering it was a little girl helping.

Sian said...

She did a fabulous job! I haven't made gingerbread for years and now you've inspired me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...