Sunday 14 March 2010

An obsession with...

Twit-Twoos!

I love all the little owl designs that are around at the moment. I did point out a very cute owl cushion for mother's day which they had in Tesco's, but I didn't receive it this morning so I guess it went in one of hubby's ears and out the other!

But never mind, as I have this layout I made the other day to see me through:



I spent ages trying to work out where to write the journalling, then hit on the idea to cut my background paper down, layer it on some lilac paper, and write around the border. The journalling reads (I've covered up my daughter's name):

My little girl's fave book at the moment is 'Owl Babies'. She knows all their names and she speaks Bill's 'part' - she even pulls a sad face because he wants his mummy!
I made this owl cushion for Rosie ~ my daughter was upset that it wasn't for her!
You can find lots of little girl clothes with owls on, I can only find socks for me!

I've used 'Honey and Hugs' papers by Papermania, I think the owls are so very cute on them!

My little girl loves owl's too, calling them 'Twit-twoos' (hence the title), so I have also used them as the inspiration for her birthday party invitations. I'm only planning to invite 6 kids but I made a couple of spares, as I was using up scraps of paper on them anyway:

I can't believe she will be two next week! It's going so fast! I love that she has such a creative side emerging too. She helped stick all the pieces onto her invitations (though she did have some direction - or the eyes would have been no-where near the owls!), and thanks to a tip on Micayla's blog (post here), I glued over a whole sheet of paper so she could aesthetically place some sequins, paper flowers, punched shapes etc, and then tip glitter on top! I think it looks very pretty!

And finally, Shimelle's class 'Something from almost nothing' has started, and though I haven't made anything directly inspired by the prompts yet, I have been encouraged to use up some of my 'stuff', and created this button heart:
It was a free project sheet from Hobbycraft, and followed kind of the same principles as the button necklace I made before (see here) so it didn't take too long. It's currently hanging from a curtain rail as I don't have many hooks in the wall, but I want to find somewhere a bit more prominent for it!
I'm looking forward to trying out some of Shimelle's ideas, I have a layout and a few cards in mind already from her suggestions. Now I just need a spare minute or two...!
x

5 comments:

debs14 said...

What a cute post! I love the button heart too, such a clever idea. Looking forward to seeing how you put it onto a page!

Sian said...

Those are gorgeous invitations Jennifer :)

Micayla said...

Thanks for the linky-poo's, very sweet of you. She is a budding artist!!
Loved the invites you did, I adore them......gotta admit I have a thing for owls and birds too.
x

Micayla said...

Thanks for the linky-poo's, very sweet of you. She is a budding artist!!
Loved the invites you did, I adore them......gotta admit I have a thing for owls and birds too.
x

Anne said...

I love the button heart.
I'm sure the families whose children get invited to the party will love the invitations. They are super cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...