Saturday 17 April 2010

Let's get together



Shimelle's challenge at 10pm last night was to create a project using bunting. I'm loving bunting right now, have been seeing it everywhere in the craft world and beyond, but I'd yet to take the plunge and use it myself, so thanks Shimelle for giving me the shove!

I have a huge (gigantic) pile of wedding photos to scrap, and as it's nearly 2 years ago that I got married I'm thinking it's about time I started working through it! This photo is the group wedding shot so I wanted the page to be extra special. With that in mind I used a piece of patterned card that I'd been saving - 'Wedding Romance Glitter Paper' by K & Company. You can't tell very well in the photos but the leafy swirls in the background are all glittery and delicately pretty. I think it's great as a lovely background, but I'm a tad annoyed as I forgot to gut the card behind the photo so it's wasted!


I had a sticking point halfway through the project, when I'd layered the photo onto card, added the 'lets get' lettering and cut out my bunting word 'together'. I was moaning to my hubby as the page didn't look right. After adding the scalloped edges and hole punching them with my big bite it improved slightly, but it wasn't until I decided to hand stitch the bunting down that I started to like it.

To hand stitch it I glue-dotted the bunting into place first, then drew a pencil line where I wanted the stitching to go. I paper-pierced little holes all the way along the line so the paper would be easy to get the needle through, and I rubbed out the pencil line so it wouldn't be visible later. Then I back-stitched all the way along.


I like the fact it gives the layout a personal, home-made touch, as our wedding was all about pitching in and doing it ourselves (we had no caterers, instead doing all the food ourselves, and made all the decorations and favours etc except the flowers!).

For a final touch, as the page was looking a bit flat, I added some flowers to the top right corner. I love the simplicity of the 'family' brad, as it says it all really!


Hope you like it! I was suprised how much I did by the time it was finished. It's got all the wedding colours in, and incorporates the vibe of the day: handmade but glam! And all about spending good times with close family and friends. So I'm happy with it!

Gotta go and play with my little girl now as she's getting seriously bored. I'm not sure how much I'll get done of the crop party today as my babysitters have disappeared to Oxfordshire! But if you have a spare moment, head over to shimelle.com, there's some serious inspiration going on this weekend!

x

1 comment:

Sian said...

Jennifer, that is just beautiful! And it looks like such a nice day :) Your new blog look is fab too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...