Monday 12 July 2010

walking proud


When my daughter had just learned to walk she spent a lot of time with a huge grin on her face, looking so proud of herself. This is a layout about her first big stroll, wearing her new 'walker' trainers (as apposed to her old 'crawler' shoes). You can click on the photo to see it larger (I shall try to do this for all my photo's, but for now it's just this one):


I used the latest sketch from Sketchy Thursdays to help get me started, here's the sketch (you can see what the DT and others have done with it here):


I used strips of ribbon and card vertically on the right hand side, instead of horizontally through the middle like on the sketch. I was very pleased with myself today, as I had to fill the bobbin and change the thread on my sewing machine, and it's the first time I've managed to do it without having to check the instuction booklet!



I used butterflies in a few places to symbolise the stage of development she was going through.


I found a good 'toddler' definition sticker and a gromet that says 'get up and go' which I was pleased to discover in my stash. She certainly looks like she's keen to go places in the main photo:


The papers are from a Sandylion Disney Princess paper pad, which I bought thinking I would be using it for pages with more recent photos, but it turns out the pad is really versatile and I can use it for lots of pages. So I'm a happy bunny!

I want to make something yummy tonight, maybe biscuits or muffins or cakes. I can't decide. It might be decided for me depending on the ingredients I can find in my storecupboard! Finger's crossed there's chocolate chips left! xx

5 comments:

Meghann Andrew said...

Beautiful layout! So perfect for your little girl!

Sian said...

Really lovely page Jennifer, I like the distressed edge very much.

I always get my husband to change the bobbin on my machine..that's bad isn't it?!

Abi said...

Lovely layout! The colours are beutiful and the story is so sweet. Your daughter is an angel! Abi x

lisa said...

What a sweet page : ) The pastels are perfect. x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a cute story and even more adorable LO!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors and those flowers!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...