Monday 16 August 2010

playing pirates

I've just finished another layout for one of Shimelle's challenges, this time it's for her sketch challenge from Sunday (click the picture to go to the challenge):



And here's my layout (click to see it larger):


It's about Harry Paye Day, a pirate celebration which happens in Poole every June. We went a couple of years ago, when my little girl was only 4 months old. I had a lot of fun with my friend Rosie, stomping around in our costumes and shouting 'arrggh' and 'shiver me timbers' in rough voices. My hubby and her boyfriend were less than impressed!

I enjoyed making this heart embellishment. I cut it from 'all about boys' paper stack by DCWV, roughed up the edges a little and inked them, then glued around some inked string with a bead charm attached. I'd like to make some more in different colours to use on other pages:


We've spent the morning at the beach, as hubby has the week off, and it's gorgeously sunny here. I tried to get some more photos for Shimelle's picture challenges, but the sun was a bit strong so I might try and get some others this afternoon. xxx


1 comment:

Lea said...

Great LO!!! I too love how you did the heart and I really like how you did the title as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...