Tuesday 4 January 2011

Why I've been blog lazy...

Okay, I know it's been over a month since my last post - I'm really sorry. I can offer you some left over xmas goodies to apologise? The remaining snickers and mars chocs (which we don't like!) from a Celebrations tin? Some gingerbread which I made and then forgot about, and is now only edible if dunked in tea? Perhaps not. I'll try to do a giveaway of slightly more tempting things in the near future instead!

Anyway, I shall do a little catch up on my December within the next few days, but for now I just want to tell you the main reason for my blog laziness:
                     

I'm now 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant! Due on the 7th of July. Being pregnant in the run up to Christmas frazzled me out a bit. I don't get morning sickness too bad, just feeling quite queasy every now and then, but I do get really, really tired. You know, the sort of tired where you can barely lift yourself out of bed in the morning. Which, with a nearly-3-year-old little girl running around is real fun. Especially when you're also trying to xmas shop and prep the house for the festive season!
                         
So, I've been cutting back on all non-essential activities. I ended up not making any gifts for xmas, and barely any decorations. I baked a few goodies, the main one being a Christmas cake. I didn't do any of Journal your Christmas, which makes me feel bad. But I know that really it was more important for me to use my energy playing with my daughter and cooking dinners!
                          
That's all for now. Sorry I haven't been reading anyone else's blogs either, I've barely been on the internet at all which has felt quite wierd! I shall try to catch up as much as I can now that xmas is out of the way. Hope you all had a good one. And Happy New Year!
                
xxx

13 comments:

Lea said...

Oh Jennifer congratulations!!! You don't need to make any excuses for not being able to blog! I'm so excited for you. Hoping the tiredness and queasiness go away soon!

Unknown said...

Yay, congrats!!!!!!

Meghann Andrew said...

Congratulations Jennifer! Amazing news!

Debbie H said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news!!

alexa said...

Many congratulations! And hoping that 2011 will be special in many ways :). Resting when you need it sounds good, and we'll still all be here when you have the energy ...

Susanne said...

Congrats and you have absolutely no reason to apologize. I had noticed earlier this week that it had been a while since you posted; I'm so happy its for such a joyful reason. PS: Hold onto those stale Christmas treats, you may have craving for them yet.

Sian said...

Many, many congratulations Jennifer! What exciting news!

That tiredness makes you feel like you've been run over by a bus, doesn't it?!

Oh, and maybe I'd better get my knitting needles out again x

Miriam said...

Congratulations Jennifer! Can I echo Alexa, just call by when you can x

debs14 said...

Well that is a pretty good excuse! Congratulations! Hope the tired phase is over soon and you feel better.
How exciting!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Lovely News and absolutely no need to apologise for not blogging, fully undestandable! hope you feel a little less tired soon! x

Anne said...

Congratulations Jennifer. This is lovely news. There is no need to apologise over blog laziness. I was like that in the early days of pregnancy. I hope you keep well throughout and everything goes to plan. x

Lisa-Jane said...

Great news Jennifer! So happy for you! Being pregnant with another toddler around is hard work! Take care of yourself xx

Rachel Brett said...

Thats wonderful news Jen, congratulations to you all. Happy belated Christmas and a happy new year :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...