Tuesday 10 May 2011

My Counterfeit Kit

I've been following the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for a while, since Sian posted about it months ago. I keep thinking I will get around to it... next month. Well, May appears to be the month when I finally join in the fun! I had to have a go after seeing this Work In Progress kit which is this months inspiration - the bright colours are very me right now!

I didn't have anything at all that's in the original kit, so have made up my own entirely, and handmade a few bits to go along with it. Here's my kit:


The alphas are all packets with odd letters missing, but as they're all bright I'm hoping I can mix and match. I've got some Heidi Swapp Journaling spots in there which I bought at a car boot sale, and some stickers that were bought in a Paperchase sale last year. There's a couple of Papermania mini albums in there, I only plan to use one but I don't know which colour yet. 

Here's a close up of the papers:


The papers include a couple each of Bella Blvd 'Sunny Happy Skies', and Cosmo Cricket 'Togetherness' - I've been hoarding these for a while as I like them so much, I'm hoping that having them in this kit will push me to use them! Other papers are a mixture of some Basic Grey, some DCWV 'Taj Mahal', and other random bits that I've had for ages.

Here's a close up of some of the embellishments:


I made the tags using a template and eyelets, and I HAD to make some fabric covered buttons (the three round flower buttons) after seeing the tutorials on the Counterfeit blog here. Luckily hubby works in a shop that sells the supplies to make these - I was able to make some the very evening that I'd seen the tutorial rather than having to wait for supplies through the post!

The little cloud is hand drawn, and so is the little girl. I didn't have any cute little kid images like in the WIP kit (though I did find the girl & boy punches in my stash) - I wanted a kid image that looked a bit like my daughter. So I drew one myself, then scanned it in and printed it onto card before colouring her in - so that I can print more if I want to and colour them differently. 

If you'd like to use this cute flower girl image for your own personal crafting you are welcome to. If I've done this right you can click on the image below to download her from 'keep and share' documents - it will open as a word document. Or you could just right click the image and save it to your computer, but the quality might not be as good:


So that's the kit all put together, I just need to start using it now! I'm sure I'll be back to share some cards or pages soon. x

15 comments:

Lea said...

I too have been meaning to play along with Counterfeit Kit. You're inspiring me to dig into my stash tonight and finally do it! Oh and love the girl image! Thanks for sharing!!!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

I am so happy you are joining us! LOVE that you made the cloud and girl yourself! Really fantastic! I don't have those skills. LOL

Bethany

Crystal said...

WELCOME! I am so happy to see you joining us! I love how you hand drew the cloud and little girl I can't draw a straight line with a ruler so I think that is amazing. your flower buttons/brads are awesome too!

Margie said...

What a fun kit- I especially love the embellies! Thanks for playing along with us at CKC!

Tammy said...

Oh, I love your kit! Great mix of newer and older products. This is my first month too. Looking forward to following along! :)

Tricia said...

What a beautiful kit! I love your paper choices - so bright and fun. How generous of you to share your darling drawing of a girl.

Susanne said...

That looks great - I love papers and you added in such cute embellishments. Enjoy scrapping it up!

A Creative Operation said...

This looks awesome! I can't wait to see what you make with your goodies!

Sian said...

Jennifer, your hand drawn embellishments are the perfect personalised touch! I can see you getting a lot of use from this beautifully bright collection.

Razzled Scrapper said...

What a awesome kit you have put together. Glad you came to join us at CKC. Looking forward to seeing what you create from your kit.

lenne said...

Your kit looks fantastic! I love the fabric covered buttons and the flower girls you added! Watch out, because this challenge becomes addicting!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Isn't it fun to shop your stash?!! I'm so glad you are joining us this month, and hope you continue! Your kit is very fun and summery, and I love all the handmade embellishments you included!

scrappymo! said...

Love the paper selection...great colours and patterns.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

So fabulous, your colors are so happy!!! Love your drawing too. You'll have so much fun! xoxo

Rachel Brett said...

Oh wow, your handmade embellishments are great! The girl is so cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...