Saturday 7 May 2011

she (really) loves sweetcorn!

My second post of the day, and it's another layout! That's got to be a record for me lately, my scrapping mojo is definitely coming back in full swing!

The lovely Shimelle (www.shimelle.com) has been posting challenges all day for National Scrapbooking Day. You can join in with them until 15th May, so go take a peek and see if you want to participate!

This layout is for the challenge to 'use a border between two photos' (you can go straight to that challenge here). I'm hoping I won't be disqualified for also adding a button border beneath the left photo - the main border is still between the two pics! (click photo to make it larger):


I was quite pleased how quickly this page came together, layering the border between the pics meant the page had instant focus and I just had to build around it. I had to squeeze my title on because the letters I wanted to use for the word sweetcorn were quite wide, but now I really like how it looks with the letters overlapping!



I wanted something in the top right corner of the LO, but I didn't have any ready made embellies that I liked. So I hand drew a cloud onto yellow dotty paper, and then drew a little hot air balloon onto white card and coloured it in. I stuck the balloon onto the page with 3D dots to add a bit of dimension, and then managed to find a little cloud button that I could tuck underneath it:


I might have to join in another challenge or two while the scrapping frenzy is still with me! x

5 comments:

Rachel Brett said...

Great layout Jennifer, I like the added buttons :)

Rachel Brett said...

I've just seen your comment on my blog - of course that is ok :)

debs14 said...

Love this layout, doesn't the border between the pictures look effective? Great!

Susanne said...

Oh this one is great too. Nicely laid out!

yyam said...

Such a sweet page Jennifer! Love the cute embellies! And those pics...yummy sweet corn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...