Saturday 27 August 2011

Cuddles

I couldn't wait to scrapbook this photo of me cuddling my baby boy, and I love the photo so much that I wanted to use some of my favourite scrapbook papers with it. But I couldn't choose which one. The problem was solved by the Sarah's Cards Ltd Blog - I spotted their August Challenge to use 5 different patterned papers on a layout. Cutting up 5 of my favourites was a bit scary at first, but then I realised it meant they'd last me for more projects!





























Papers used: WeRMK 72 & Sunny 'Summer', 'Scattered Clouds', and 'Sunkist'
                    WeRMK Madame Royale 'Catherine'
                    American Crafts Abode 'Oak Ave'
                    Cosmo Cricket Togetherness 'Elements'

I actually ended up using 6 patterned papers if you count the Cosmo Cricket elements ('Life is Beautiful' and the journaling spot). The page looks quite bright and busy with all these colourful patterns, but that suits me!              

I love the little bird sticker (from Tiffany embossed stickers by WeRMK) and had to have him perched at the top of my page:



















I gave the page a little bit of extra texture and dimension by coating a chipboard bracket with yellow paint, then Sarah's Cards Crackle Glaze, and finally green paint, and added it under the photo:
















The page makes me happy when I look at it, so I'd say using a lot of patterned papers worked this time at least! x



20 comments:

Alison said...

Supercute LO..great papers!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Lovely! Your beautiful picture reminds me of the one of Victoria Beckham and her little girl :)

debs14 said...

What a lovely, lovely page - a perfect momento of those early days. Enjoy all that cuddling!

Lea said...

Awww, what a great picture! And what a fabulous job you did combining so many patterns! Love it!!!

Lou said...

awww a gorgeous photo and layout!

Abi said...

a lovely page and what a beautiful photo. xxx

Lorraine said...

some lovely scrapbook layouts on here and I like your altered mermaid plaque

Keshet said...

This is so sweet, Jennifer!

alexa said...

Such a lovely, sunny, happy page! And I'm sure you'll look back on it with pleasure ...

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous photo, and great layout, too! The pattern papers work perfectly together and I'm especially smitten with how the American Crafts one looks. :)

Susanne said...

Completely adorable - the layout really pops too.

Louise said...

Gorgeous photo, and great use of the vibrant papers.
Thanks for playing along with our challenge, good luck
x

Lizzie said...

Aww... what a dear little baby! It's a lovely photo - definitely worthy of a great scrap page, Jennifer!
Congratulations on the page - and the baby!

Helen said...

Such a happy, bright layout! Thanks for joining in with the challenge :D

Ifa said...

Love your LO, very cute picture too.

Rachel said...

Such a lovely photo, love your bright page, thanks for joining in xx

Gems said...

Such a sweet photo and I love the bright colours :) xx

Nat said...

awww it's gorgeous!! Lots of patterned paper definitely worked :) Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Sarah's Cards :) xxx

Sarah said...

Fantastic layout! Thank you so much for joining in the fun this month at Sarah's Cards Ltd

Jo said...

That is a great page and a lovely photo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...