Saturday 30 June 2012

Organising scraps by using them up!

(Sorry it's late again - all did not go to plan, I thought my computer was going to give up completely for a moment then!)

I've got a couple of projects this weekend about using up scraps of paper, as when I was organising my craft supplies it was my scraps that were annoying me the most, because of how much space they took up, and they didn't get used as much as they got created! 

If any one else is in this same predicament, then here is one project you can try and use some scraps up on, a sketch for thin strips of paper:


I used it to make this layout:


The 'pull' tab has a photo attached to it that's hidden behind the front photo (I created a pocket behind it using foam tape):


And there's more writing on the back of the photo:


I'm glad to have used a lot of these border strips and thin bits of paper up, and sorted out my crafting stash a little better! Do you have any projects that you like to use your scraps up on?

Don't forget that commenting on this post, or any post from this weekend, will enter you into the Grand Giveaway {NOW CLOSED}- but only if you've registered your interest in winning it here

See you again soon! x




22 comments:

Annie Claxton said...

What a FABulous layout - I love it and will definitely be copying it forthwith! could use up some ribbon scraps this way too ...

Ali said...

This is definitely my kind of layout - just love mixing ranges and using up scraps.

Lea Lacoste said...

love the sketch, and what you did with it! might use it soon ;)

Patricia said...

Great sketch! I see a page coming on!

Julie Baswell said...

Love the layout. And hiding the second pic was smart and different. I like using scraps for different buntings.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I organize scraps by throwing them away - LOL! It works.
Rinda

Emily Mae said...

I love that extra photo and journaling hidden behind the first photo! That's a great idea.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

Scrappy Jedi (Melissa) has done some great posts about using up scraps...she has gotten me all organized. :)

Bethany

Yolanda said...

Great LO fab way of using up scraps, love the hidden photo and journalling.

scrappyjacky said...

I love that first layout....great use of scraps. I do use some on scrapbook pages,but tend to use most of my scraps for cardmaking....and every now and again I do 'purge' them.

Daphne said...

Great sketch! That one really is a scrap-killer ;)

Lou said...

I get great satisfaction from using scraps...lovely layout x

Nathalie said...

I love the bright colours of this page but I love the hidden photo/journaling even more! :) Great page and great way to use up some of your scraps!

Cherie said...

SUPER CUTE!! I love it! definitely need to do this! I have way too many scraps!

Diane Standish(crazeedi) said...

Oh I have a ton of scraps! I try to use them when I make cards, instead of cutting a whole new sheet-but I really need to get the scraps organized!

Sally said...

What a fab idea! Lovely layout x

Margie said...

What a fun sketch for using scraps!

Clair said...

Such a cute layout Jennifer! I'll definitely have to give it a try - I have tons of strips to use up :)

Caroline Hackney said...

This is a fun way to use scraps AND mix and match patterns!

I've been using up little scraps to dress up journaling cards in my Project Life album. Of course it does mean I'm worse than ever about throwing away small scraps, as I always think "I just might be able to use this..." :)

Jimjams said...

Fab pull-out - great way to use scrappy strips too

Unknown said...

I sort my scraps by colour and have a bin for each. The most fun way for me to use up stash is to make "quilted" cards. I slice my scraps into 1 inch strips, glue them onto a background (usually some hideous piece of paper I don't want anymore). Then I cut across the other way in one inch slices, so that now I have one by one inch squares. I rearrange them slightly to get a variety of quilt square lines and I make cards, or scrapbook backgrounds with them. Does this make sense?

Lisa-Jane said...

So many great ideas for scraps. One day I am going to sit with just my scraps box and make stuff. I always worry though that I won't have the right scrap when I need it and I will need to cut into a whole sheet. ITS JUST PAPER!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...