Sunday 9 December 2012

Joy Layout ~ for an Elle's Studio Sketch

I had fun today, playing with an Elle's Studio Sketch, and using a photo from 4 years ago...

Joy:


Supplies: Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go 'Why Thank You' Paper, Crate Paper Sleigh Ride 6x6 Paper, Pink Paislee City Sidewalks 8x8 Paper (for the stars). Elle's Studio Tags from the 'Here & Now' kit, The Sweet Life collection, and 'Turquoise Pennants'; and their 'Note Tab' Stamp. Studio Calico Hey Day Alphas, 'Cherry' Baker's Twine, Heidi Swapp 'Gold Lame' Color Spritz, Craft Tonic Star Punch.

The layout was inspired by the Elle's Studio Sketch Thursday for this week:


I changed mine about a bit, but I think you can still see the sketch in my layout! I moved the twine down and twirled it around in loops, because the photo on my page was taken after our presents were unwrapped, so I wanted to look a bit unravelled.

I kept the title in the right place though! Behind the title, and on various other areas of the page there are splashes of gold mist - Valerie Cousins had used distress ink to the same effect on This Layout the sketch is based on. To do mine I splodged a puddle of gold mist onto several spots of the page, and then blew through a straw to make them spread out. You can see the shine better in these close up shots - the mist is Heidi Swapp's 'Gold Lame' Color Spritz - I love how luminous it is:


The journaling reads:

'We were at Granny's for your first New Year's Eve. We opened Christmas Presents and played lots of games, and you sat giggling and smiling at us all. It was lovely to see the joy in you!'

I like the 'Family Love' tag from The Sweet Life Note Tags set, it's subtle but perfect:


I added the 'These Are The Days' and 'Love That Smile' tags to the ends of my twine, a bit like they were the presents that had been unwrapped:


And of course I finished the page off with my usual scattering of gems, plus a few scattered stars, punched with a Craft Tonic punch that I bought the other day, and am now using on everything Christmassy!

Have you ever tried blowing the mist across your page? My daughter saw me trying it out and of course she had a go with watercolour paints on spare paper. She didn't have quite enough puff, but she liked the patterns it made!

Have you been crafting this weekend? x



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet layout. I love the splats of mist. Great layering, the twine adds so much, Laura. Www.whosthischick.com

scrappymo! said...

Love it...and baby looks just so sweet and adorable!!!

I have never tried the straw blowing trick but ot looks great on your page...almost like an etherea snowflake!

I just went to put the box away for when i ship something to a bloggy friend and out fell a gorgeous little piece of paper...gorgeous cuz it was full of darling brads...The kind i am usually too cheap to buy but I drool over them at the scrapbook shop!!!
I feel bad i didn't get it in he photo! Sorry!

I am going to remember your washi peg idea...I papercraft with the same group monthly and the same girl (or 2 girls) weekly). We are sll on budgets and this would be a wonderful way to purchase a few different rolls and divide each one up to share among us.

I used to organize crops when I lived in a townhouse. We had a lovely huge building that was free to rent...just a damage deposit. I laways did a prize package up for each person as my way of thanking my friends who offer me rides to the various scrapbook/card events around us. I don't drive so they would be hard to get to otherwise. These would be good for those kind of goody bags.

Lea Lacoste said...

cute cute, love that photo!! definitely need gold mist, it's just so pretty <3

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a sweet and adorable photo! I love your take on the sketch, with the pretty misting and twisted twine!

Lesley G said...

Great LO, love the way you've used the twine to join up the two word blocks.

Sue Althouse said...

What a sweet photo! I love all the creativity on your layout. Looks like it was so much fun to make. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and you are always welcome to pin anything you see there. I consider it a compliment, thanks!

Lou said...

your interpretation of the sketch is lovely. cutie photo too x

Tracy said...

Awww such a sweet layout. beautiful photo and great take on the sketch.

Nirupama said...

I love this so much. Really sweet and full of heart :)

Jenni Calma said...

So cute...that is definitely a joyful face!
Love the metallic paint too. Congrats on the win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...